Event Info & Logistics
- Location: Historic Downtown Norcross
- Time: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Hundreds of classic British cars and motorcycles
- For easier parking a free shuttle bus service will be available from several nearby locations
- Handicap Parking available at City Hall (click for map)
- CAR BOOT SALE!
Our introduction of this new event last year was so successful we are bringing it back this year. It’s the British version of a yard sale, with everyone selling stuff from the back of their car or truck. Your vehicle does not have to be British born! If it has a “boot” (that’s what we Brits call the trunk of a car) it qualifies. The attendance at last year’s Car Fayre was close to 15,000 people, so pack your car or truck with anything you think might sell. It’s only $15 per vehicle to participate and you must pre-register. While you shouldn’t expect to get rich, you’ll have a lot of fun turning your used stuff into someone else’s new treasure. Last year’s sellers all reported worthwhile results. Check here for vendor deadlines, details, and to register.
- If you need a cozy place to stay, we recommend the Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners located a short 2 miles from downtown Norcross. Click here for details and booking information.
- Each year we select and support a charity, and this year we are again proud to support the Amanda Riley Foundation. Last year with generous donations from our on-line registrants and sale of raffle tickets at the Car Fayre we were able to send $2000 to the Foundation. Barbara and Steve Riley founded the organization in memory of their daughter, Amanda, who was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 16. She bravely fought for her life for 405 days before passing in 2010. The Foundation works with children and families in the Atlanta area while they are in the midst of their battle with cancer. For more information on the Foundation please visit the Amanda Riley Foundation website. We feel sure you will agree with us that this is a charity very deserving of our support. Please help us increase our donation this year by adding a few extra dollars to your pre-registration form or purchasing a raffle ticket at the Car Fayre. Every penny donated helps a child in the Atlanta area with cancer.
- Our featured marque this year is Rolls Royce
- Our arrival and registration desk opens at 8:30 a.m. We try to keep the same marques together in one designated area, so your pre-registration and early arrival helps. However, we can only set aside a specific area, not an assigned space. We work very hard at this on the day!
- Discounted advance online registration cost is $15 per car, $10 per additional car. $10 per motorcycle.
- Day of event registration cost is $20 per car, $15 per additional car. $15 per motorcycle.
- For access to registration area on arrival follow signs on Holcomb Bridge Road onto Thrasher Street see map
- Iron Horse Tavern Pick up traditional English fish and chips wrapped and ready to go if you would like to picnic in one of the beautiful parks downtown.
- Our Vintage English Tea Room located in the Masonic Lodge downtown will be open from 11am until 4pm. Join us for elevenses or a light snack of scones with jam and double devon cream and a pot of tea, or a full English Afternoon Cream Tea of sausage roll, sandwiches, cake, scones with jam and double devon cream and a pot of tea. Also offered is a light children’s plate with a cold drink. All served with a true British accent by Daughters of the British Empire (DBE)!
- Awards and Raffle Prize Drawings – 1:30pm at the DJ Tent.
We will also present a special ‘Best in Show’ award for the Rolls Royce selected from this year’s featured marque.
Awards – Our judges will carefully look at each and every car and award a plaque for what they, in their considerable experience, consider this year’s “Best in Show.” Likewise, motorcycles will be expertly judged for “Best in Show”.
- RAFFLE tickets – Purchase a ticket to win one of the fabulous prizes from our sponsors and downtown merchants. Our Grand Prize drawing is a one night stay for two at the W Atlanta – Downtown HOTEL in one of their fabulous King rooms, plus $200 cash spending money donated by the Iron Horse Tavern. Other drawings include gift certificates and prizes from downtown stores and restaurants.
- FREE SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE
From 9:30am until 3:30 pm for our Car Fayre and Car Boot Sale visitors from two locations:
One Heart Church – 706 N.Peachtree Street, Norcross 30071 (click for map)
Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church – 182 Hunter Street, Norcross 30071 (click for map)
EXCITING NEW ADDITION FOR 2016
- The Sunbeam Tiger and Sunbeam Alpine East groups have chosen to hold their annual combined United 35th meeting and show this year in Georgia (Norcross) and are joining us for our Car Fayre on Saturday, September 10th. All of the Sunbeams will be parked in the area around Thrasher Park, across the railroad tracks. While they will have their own schedule of events and awards, etc. our Car Fayre visitors are encouraged and welcomed to hop over the tracks and view a fantastic display of Sunbeams. If you are the owner of a Sunbeam you may want to register with them direct and participate in their planned events from Thursday, September 8th thru Sunday September 11th. Check out their website or click here for their registration form.
The 2015 Atlanta British Car Fayre was another success!
Take a look at the video capturing some of the excitement from the event.
Thank You to Our Sponsors and Organizers! Please support our sponsors, click on the logos below to learn more about them!